Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Adventures

Every summer I say I will do a bunch of excursions that I never end up doing. I want to do at least a few of these things this year so I'm going to list them below. If you are interested in any of them, let me know and we can set dates.

1. Day trip to the Harbor Islands. My boss is actually camping there right now! I just want to go walk around in a relaxing mostly natural environment. It's not too far and fairly cheap.

2. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. One of the few museums in Boston I haven't visited. It's supposed to be very beautiful and have some great paintings.

3. White water rafting in Maine. Jason and I were planning to go with my brother and some of his friends in a few weeks if he did a medium-level rapids , but he suddenly had to go out to sea for a month. With some luck, I'll still be able to go in late August when he gets back. Anyone who wants to is welcome to come along.

4. Day or weekend trip to New York City. This is pretty much set, but I like to have it on the list because it is something to cross off already! I'm excited for this.

5. Day trip to Ipswich and Wolf Hollow. You can go from North Station and catch a shuttle bus that will drive you around Ipswich or Essex. Ipswich supposedly has a nice beach, cute little shops and restaurants, and orchards, but the coolest thing on the bus loop is the wolf hollow center. They do a short informational presentation and you get to see some rescued wolves up close.

6. Hiking around the Arboretum. I've been meaning to do this for several years.

7. Try some new restaurants. I always end up going to the same places. I'd like to try Zocalo, Soul Fire, Addis (the Ethiopian place), Golden Temple, or anywhere else I haven't been.

8. I'd also be up for visiting some other museums I haven't been to in the last year like the MFA or the Aquarium. I've never been to the ICA either.

I'm free pretty much any weekend except the weekends of July 11th and August 15th. My goal is to do at least 4 of these 8 excursions.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be up for everything except the rafting cause that scares me. :)
    And I'm free every weekend except the one we're doing NYC.
    Let me know when you want to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete