Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ode to Neil Patrick Harris

I forgot to add that I'm now obsessed with how LEGEN--wait for it--DARY Neil Patrick Harris is. He's way underrated as an actor and after seeing Dr. Horrible I wish he would go back to Broadway eventually. I'm even about to go watch the YouTube video of him as the Tooth Fairy on Sesame Street. Yes, I am that pathetic. : )

I love my boyfriend, but I've always had a weak spot in my heart for slightly dorky guys who sing beautifully and give me the shivers. I think I'm allowed. It's not like I actually want to date them or I ever could. I just love how they can make so many people feel so strongly. I want to be close to that much talent so maybe a little will soak into me or maybe a little of me could inspire even more. Assuming he is as nice a guy as he appears in the media, NPH's boyfriend is a lucky man! I'd heard NPH sing in the Assassins revival and in Sweeney Todd in Concert, but that was before I fell in love with How I Met Your Mother so I didn't pay as much attention to how good he actually was.

It's odd, but I don't find him as attractive as Barney on HIMYM. I find Barney hilarious, but Ted is more my type. Barney is just too polished looking. He never has a hair out of place and he's almost always impeccably suited up. Bascially the type of guy I could never ever be remotely cool around in real life. Plus, I'm not into snarky womanizers. Neil rocks the mussed and casual look as Billy in Dr. Horrible though. Very approachable and very adorable. I guess my actor crush type is cynical, potentially world-dominating, shy, secretly romantic, evil dorky men . Hmmm.

As a side note, I successfully converted one of my friends into a How I Met Your Mother fan! (Insert Dr. Horrible laugh here.) I formed my evil plan when the momentous events at the end of "Sandcastles in the Sand" happened and I had no one to jump up and down and squeal like a little girl with. : ) My boyfriend loves the show too, but I think only a girl can appreciate the squealworthiness of that moment. If you don't watch HIMYM, check it out. It's a smart and funny show and it has aspects that I think will appeal to a wide range of people. Just don't watch the Britney Spears episodes first!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I forgot about Britney being on the show.
    Can I just skip those episodes?

    ReplyDelete