Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dumb Reality Shows

I'm excited for the Olympics, but until August I'm stuck watching dumb reality shows to kill time. I have been watching The Mole and Next Food Network Star. Does anyone else watch these? If you haven't seen the last episodes of each of them, don't read the rest of this post.

The Mole
In order of likelihood, I think the mole is Victoria, Craig, Clay, or Kristen. I think it is definitely not Paul, Nicole, or Mark. I also had ruled out Ali and Bobby, the two people who were eliminated this week, so go me! I don't like this new version as much as the older ones. The people on this cast seem more like generic reality show stereotypes and they don't get the concept that they need to work together to add more money to the pot. Plus, there are some horrendously annoying jerks on this one and no Anderson Cooper. I'll probably keep watching though.

Next Food Network Star
Sometimes I don't understand how these contestants could have been chosen from thousands of applicants. I can't really see any of them as a star and a great number of them have produced horrible meals in multiple challenges (like raw eggs). That said, I think the remaining African American man, the one who is bald and made fancy salad dressing in the Martha Stewart challenge, should win. He has the most "tv" personality, seems like a fun and down-to-earth guy, and has received good reviews for his cooking. I'd watch a show with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment