Friday, February 22, 2008

Top Model

Top Model Cycle 10 premiered this week. It's a bad show, but I watch it anyway. It's fun to discuss the next day, and watching Tyra is like watching a train wreck. I'd like to think that not all models are dumb, but, sadly, this last crop doesn't seem to disprove the stereotype. They couldn't find any beautiful AND smart contestants? I noted four or five that were articulate (Cornell girl, plus-size girl, dark-haired Sarah Silverman look-a-like girl, Fatima, and I drink my own breast milk girl), but the rest were either completely dumb, very inarticulate, or super ghetto (and I mean this in the bad ghetto way, as clarified in the episode). The Boston girl who wanted to "trick out her Impala" was embarrassing and Anya (?) from HI seemed high the whole time. Is that really a Hawaiian accent? It sounded like she was European originally.

Perhaps, Fatima will be the one reality contestant from Boston that I like. I've disliked Neil and Jay & Mark from Biggest Loser and crazy, giggly, blond chick from last cycle (Milena?). I already hate the smushed-face, Barbie girl from Worchester. To her credit, however, when Tyra asked "Do you ever take money?" and she answered "All the time," I also assumed Tyra was asking if she handled money as part of her job as a teller. After all, why would she ask if she stole it? It's not like the girl would say so on tv even if she did steal money! Note to self: Never go to a bank in Worchester.

I think I liked Marvita more last season. She seems less outwardly crazy, but more inwardly psychotic now. In any case, at least the contestants seem more interesting than last season. My favorites, based on the one episode, are Sarah Silverman girl, plus-size girl, and Fatima. Let the insanity begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment